We believe that our Computing Curriculum should equip our children with the knowledge, skills and understanding to be responsible digital citizens who can use the skills they learn to make a contribution to our world.
At St Fidelis, our Computing Curriculum draws from the National Curriculum, with key skills covered across each year and over the 6 years of KS1 and KS2. Children use a range of software to visit and revisit key elements over this time:
- Understanding algorithms
- Writing debug programs
- Using logical reasoning
- Creating, organising, storing, manipulating and retrieving digital content
- Communicating and collaborating with others safely, respectfully and responsibly
We are proud that:
- Our regular use of technology has increased our children’s speed in typing and system navigation, using Chrome Books.
- A rigorous approach to the teaching of online safety has increased language around how to be safe online which is evident in discussions with pupils.
- We were highly commended by the London Grid For Learning (a group of 3000 schools) for ‘Cloud Transformation’ in 2019.
Curriculum Overview: Year 1 to 6